Since 1910, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada (GGC) has been known as the organization that is reflective of the needs and wishes of girls. We continue to ensure Guiding remains a place where girls can experience new things, dare to be themselves, and become more confident and connected to the world around them. GGC brings out the extraordinary in every girl.
The Ontario Council of Girl Guides of Canada is seeking an Accounting Analyst for its head office located at 14 Birch Ave. in Toronto. The office will relocate to 180 Duncan Mill Road on December 1, 2014. This is a full time role beginning immediately. Hours of work are typically Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:15. Competitive salary and benefits offered including medical, dental, life insurance, and pension.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Analyst provides support to the Accounting Manager in accounting and reporting activities. Through applying appropriate financial controls, the incumbent will:
- Perform monthly account reconciliations including investments, capital assets, prepaid expenses, HST return, inventory and funds
- Prepare and process journal entries, file imports and inter-office transfers
- Investigate unusual items to identify causes, resolve recurring issues and, for further complex issues, propose options
- Prepare monthly operating statements and analyze variances
- Support forecasting and budgeting process including issuing of budget templates and consolidation of budget submissions
- Prepare annual reports including T3010 Charity Information Return and National Office submissions
- Prepare year-end working papers and audit file
- Update process documentation - finance templates, reports and forms, and recommend process improvement
- Oversee the work of members of the accounting department in the absence of the Accounting Manager
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in related field
- Actively enrolled in a professional accounting designation program
- 2+ years continuous Accounting Analyst experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel (vlookups, IF statements, pivot tables)
- Very strong technical and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of ACCPAC or other accounting software
- Detail-oriented, organized and capable of prioritizing workload to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated and able to adapt and learn new software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Qualified applicants, please forward your cover letter and resumé, stating position title in the subject line, by July 21, 2014.
Girl Guides of Canada, Ontario Council thanks all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.