GMR MARKETING: THE INTERN EXPERIENCE
Founded in 1979, GMR Marketing is a global full-service marketing agency that specializes in Sports, Interactive and Mobile Marketing. Still fresh on the scene within the Canadian industry, we’re known for our strategic thinking, innovative solutions, and creative executions.
The people who join GMR are looking to make an impact on the marketing landscape in Canada and, as a result, to drive their own careers. The expectations are high, but the opportunities are endless and as a team we collaborate to make sure we’re having a great time throughout the process.
We regularly boast about our awesome office culture and the people and brands we work with. Our unique internship program isn’t any different. We’ve specifically designed the program to create a learning experience that will be challenging, interesting, and give you the real perspective on what it’s like to work in a quickly growing agency in the market. We’ve started boasting about our internship program because the experience here isn’t like the one you could get anywhere else.
Want us to prove it? Go ahead, apply.
Brief Position Summary
As part of our internship program you’ll be side by side with our account teams, and will be involved in both client side and internal projects. Participate in the development and execution of experiential programs from start to finish. As part of the program, we also want you to understand the bigger picture by attending agency wide meetings, having insight discussions with the rookie orientation committee, and coffee dates with our senior leadership team.
Through our program, you’ll gain an understanding of best practices in the following areas: Client Services, Strategic Planning, The Creative Process, Event Logistics & Execution and Reporting.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participating in weekly mentor meeting
- Attending internal meetings with assigned account team
- Actively engaging in brainstorm and planning sessions
- Attending staffing meetings
- Participating in social media program
- Attending event executions
- Reviewing internal and client facing documents
- Participating in corporate training opportunities
Who You Are
- You have experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- You have excellent composition skill, writing skills and attention to detail
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to maintain a positive attitude and professionalism.
GMR Marketing will provide
- Laptop and office phone provided
- Paid Internship – 11 weeks - Sept. 9 - Nov. 22