Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) is a leader in Connected Car™ technology that enables drivers to be safer, smarter and greener. We are a privately held technology company founded in 1999 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada – the heart of Canada’s Technology Triangle. Our unique approach of converging in-car infotainment, automotive telematics and wireless technology has resulted in an impressive range of solutions. From insurance and government, to fleets and everyday drivers, our technology revolutionizes industries.
Why join IMS?
- An innovative technology leader that is pursuing aggressive market growth
- A company committed to your personal and professional development and growth within the organization
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program), with no waiting period. Goodlife Fitness membership discount and more.
- Industry-competitive salary, vacation and flexible work hours
- State of the art facility with free parking, close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets
The Account Manager is responsible for providing daily and detailed client and project management of all projects within the Telematics product portfolio at IMS. He/she plans the work with all established projects to ensure timely execution, and client satisfaction. The individual also ensures that all client requests for functionality are documented and circulated to the appropriate management staff for regular review. Within the boundary of program execution, the Account Manager leads the interaction with all functions necessary to deliver the program to the client, both internal resources, and external resources.
The Account Manager ensures project transparency through regular updates to all management and works with the various cross-functional resources within IMS to deliver the projects.
This role requires a high attention to detail, superior time management skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
Your role at IMS:
- Lead projects from the initial conception through to final delivery
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proactive in assuring projects are completed on time, within budget, with the required content and quality and meeting the company business objectives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and exceed customer expectations
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Communicate with customers formally and informally assuring they are kept up to date on the status of the project as well as managing changes to the original requirements.
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Collaborate with applications engineers on scope changes to establish proper approvals and to interact with clients accordingly
- Work directly with all levels within IMS and at client companies to ensure smooth project management and issue resolution.
Skills you bring to IMS:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Account/Client Project Manager
- 3+ years of experience in a job within the Telematics or similar market
- Demonstrated ability to drive development projects to successful conclusion in a timely manner
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Communicate clearly and effectively (both verbal and written)
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and within the organization
- Effectively organizing and planning work according to organizational needs by defining objectives and anticipating needs and priorities.
- Recognizing and understanding customers’ needs and delivering in a manner that exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Experience with senior management presentations
- Effectively working and collaborating with others toward a common goal
- Excellent program/project management and organizational skills
- Ability to assess risks, plan mitigation measures and execute on these measures
- Results oriented with strong personal drive for success of the project
- Flexibility to travel approximately 20% to visit clients primarily within Canada and on occasion within the United States
Indeed - 7 months ago
A pioneer in connected car technology, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems Inc. (IMS) of Waterloo, Ontario is dedicated to developing and...