March of Dimes draws on 60 years of experience serving people with physical disabilities of all ages. We are the largest community-based rehabilitation and advocacy organization for people with physical disabilities in Ontario. The organization operates programs and services through over 90 sites, has control over three subsidiary non-profits and delivers government funded and donor funded services to over 40,000 consumers annually across the province and across Canada.
Location: York Region – 351 Crowder Blvd Newmarket ON
Position: - Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Worker – Full-Time Evenings (and every fourth weekend)
- Assist consumers to gain greater autonomy in areas such as activities of daily living, cognitive and problem solving skills, personal care if required and community orientation and integration.
- Reporting responsibilities, ie. File notes, Incident reports, and data collection.
- Implement behavior management programs under the guidance of the Rehabilitations Service Coordinator and Senior Rehabilitation Worker.
- Provide service under the guidelines of an Individual Rehabilitation Plan.
- Follow policies and procedures as required.
- Participate in any required training.
- Post Secondary Education in Social Services or equivalent experience
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training and valid First Aid Certificate
- Experience in the field is an asset
- Experience working with consumers who have an Acquired Brain Injury
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be a strong team member with demonstrated team building skills
- Must have good time management skills
- Must have the ability to adapt to the changing needs of our program
Salary Range: Based on experience and knowledge
Applications accepted until (mm/dd/yy): December 9, 2012
Send application and resume to:
Name: Denise Hasenauer Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address: 414-351 Crowder Blvd, Newmarket ON, L3Y 8J5
Fax: (905) 953 9702
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, Ontario March of Dimes encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.