Please send resume to: resume2012@gc-employment .com with the subject “JD 15784 - Bank Operations Officer ($20/hr, Downtown)”
- Responsible for confirming transaction details using various methods of confirmation including phone, fax, SWIFT and email
- Ensure all trades are accurately confirmed within 24 hours in compliance with the Bank’s Confirmation Policy and Procedures and all Service Level Agreements.
- Investigate any trade discrepancies that may result in a significant risk and/or loss to the Bank and immediately escalate to management and the Front Office.
- Maintain sufficient audit trails on all confirmations
- Ensure all unconfirmed trades greater than 24 hours and/or high risk trades are immediately escalated keeping Management and the Front Office informed.
- Ensure all outstanding confirms are immediately reviewed and that all actions taken in the confirmation process are clearly and promptly documented/updated within the source system (Murex) and daily work sheets
- Work with areas such as Front Office, Trade Support, London Operations and Settlements as it relates to confirming trades, resolving discrepancies and ensuring Regulatory and Audit guidelines are being met and adhered to.
- Protect the interests of the Bank by adhering to operating standards and processes; obtain proper authorization for transactions as required.
- Identify operational difficulties and recommend improvements; assist in the implementation of new processes and/or system upgrades.
- Provide a high level of customer service to our clients acting as a point of contact for all customer enquiries. Develop and maintain sound working relationships with our clients and internal groups to ensure a high level of service is provided on a ongoing basis.
- Update Procedures as required to ensure changes are recorded to reflect daily work.
- Ensure items on the Unconfirmed Escalation Report are prioritized and followed up with Front Office and/or the counterparty.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or other quantitative discipline
- 1-2 years experience in a Trade Processing related role, preferably experience with precious metals
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Knowledge of SWIFT & ISDA standards/requirements and the various types of GPM trades
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel is a must, coupled with the ability to learn and apply skills to new software programs.
- Knowledge of Murex and Stelink platforms would be an asset.
- Location: Bay/King
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm (flexibility required to work CAD statutory holidays)
- Salary: $20/hr