Are you an expert at giving advice? If it’s excellent advice, and you have at least 10 years’ experience in providing leadership to IT project teams and/or programs, we want to hear from you! We are looking for someone who is dynamic and engaging, with strong people management skills, to partner with business leadership. Providing excellence in building rapport, developing long-term client relationships, and developing enterprise solutions are essential. This is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your desire and ability to help and serve internal/external customers to meet – and exceed - their needs.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance as an input to the overall transformation roadmap and deliverables
- Participate in the development of program visions, objectives, briefs, and business cases
- Developing enterprise solutions across the lines of business with the other IS Business Relationship Managers and Solution Architects
- Responsible for delivery of large scale IT programs to your business line partner
- Manage Project Managers within their branch of the matrix organization and accountable to both CAPEX & OPEX budgets allocated to their sector
- Provide oversight for project monitoring and reporting including:
o Program progress and budget status reports
o Variance monitoring, analysis and direction on mitigation
- Work with strategic vendors and partners to identify plans, critical success factors and processes to ensure benefits realization for CAPEX investments
- Negotiate program deliverables/schedule/costing for services from other departments across the entire organization
- Participate in risk identification workshops, coordinate development & tracking of risk mitigation plans and actions
- Manage the interdependencies of programs and impact of external influences
- Using your excellent skills in building rapport, establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s senior executives, managers, section leaders and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Work with teams to determine changes to program scope and implications for budget
- Participates in recruitment of new staff
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program team in a timely and efficient manner
- Meet with Project Managers and consultants to determine program status, success, reliability, client satisfaction, etc.
- Raise issues and opportunities in planning to help ensure software solutions effectively adapt to required business and technology changes
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 7 years of Information Technology experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in providing leadership to IT project teams and/or programs
- Experience with managing multi-project portfolios is preferred
- Experience managing all phases of large and complex projects
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives
- Demonstrated desire to help and serve internal/external customers to meet their needs
- High skills in proactivity, focused on discovering, anticipating, and exceeding the customer’s needs
- Committed to results by taking personal responsibility for achieving mutually agreed upon individual/team objectives
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, networking abilities with teams and contacts; comfortable dealing with senior management
- Strong Cross Functional Team Management skills
- Strong Change Management Leadership skills
- Solid understanding of project management processes, practices and tools
- Understanding of large system implementation, Systems Integration, Software Development, Package Implementation
- Ability to exercise innovation and initiative; embraces change and helps others through change
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
Should an individual with the required qualifications not be available, applicants with closely related qualifications may be considered. As a result, the position may be redesigned and reclassified and offered without reposting. Relocation costs covered by the AER will be considered on an individual basis.
Note: This is the same position as 13-229, 13-230, & 13-231 Organizational Advisor, IT Business Advisor, IS Transformation Customer Relations, and IT Business Relationship Manager. You do not need to apply to all of these positions if you’ve submitted your application to one of the positions above.
Deadline for applications will be January 24, 2014.
Indeed - 7 months ago
The ERCB is Alberta’s primary energy regulator. For 75 years we have been committed to our mission: to ensure that the discovery,...