We are seeking a Commercial Leasing Professional during a Maternity Leave of Absence. This role will be responsible for providing support for our leasing efforts and commercial tenants. The term would begin by first week of June, 2013, to include on the job training and likely last for a minimum of 3 months.
The successful candidate will be comfortable being the main liaison with tenants, work independently, and have a strong understanding of and experience in the administration of commercial lease documentation and terminology. Regular business hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 5pm. The office is located on Sheppard Ave. East, between McCowan and Markham - Scarborough
1. Work collaboratively with the Owners and Management Staff to create all manner of Lease Documentation, negotiate the document in full with tenants. Gather related security documentation (Equifax, company credit form, Insurance Certificates etc). ALL outgoing Offer to Lease & Lease documents to have Owner/Management approval before going out of office.
2. Process all Lease Documents and submit proper forms to Accounting and Operations (check that unit is ready for occupancy).
3. Set up new Tenant Lease Summary forms and process documents, including registration of security documentation.
4. Maintain contact databases for tenants.
5. Prepare and send out Welcome Packages & Maintenance information to new Tenants.
6. Maintain & update Lease Documentation, including Renewals & collect valid Tenant Insurance Certificates.
7. Interact with Owners/Management for directions on Rates and Terms for Leasing inquiries.
8. Interact with Broker/Agent inquiries based on directions given by Owners/Management.
9. Prepare and place Space for Lease advertisements on MLS and other sites upon approval by Owner/Management.
10. Review Monthly Vacancy Report with Owner/Management.
11. Maintain & update commercial property portfolio summary information for weekly meetings.
12. Schedule weekly in-house Commercial Meeting & update Minutes/notes of meeting.
13. Print & review Monthly all rent Expiry dates with Owner/Management; set renewal meeting with owners to set expected rates.
14. Maintain/collect annualTenant Insurance Certificates as they become due & document in database.
15. Inquire from Tenant as to their plans to renew their Lease; first check with Owner/Management as to new rates & term.
16. Prepare & distribute Lease Expiry notices as they become due; first check with Operations regarding Unit inspection to determine directions to be given to Tenant upon Lease expiration.
17. Monthly review 1st draft of Rent Roll from Accounting, noting all changes & Invoices required.
18. Set up and distribute new rent invoices (annual rent escalations) to tenants (once per month) as required; check with Accounting.
19. Process MPAC & Tax information as required, check with Accounting first.
1. 5-7 Years of experience in the Commercial Real Estate Industry (knowledge of renewals, commissions, due diligence, lease administration and documentation).
2. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & Access.
3. Experience using Property Management Software such as SPECTRA, YARDI OR JD EDWARDS.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
5. Consistent commitment to high quality of work; including checking for errors & correcting as required).
6. Highly motivated self-starter with a "can do" attitude.
7. Experience with meeting tight deadlines.
8. Diplomatic, personable, outgoing & professional.
9. Highly organized and able to multi-task.
10. Ability to diplomatically and confidently deal with demanding and challenging work environment.