As the Account Director, you will be responsible for managing one or two key accounts. Reporting to the Client Services Director, you will oversee an integrated marketing approach for these clients (promotion, shopper marketing, interactive, and experiential), all of which will be delivered on strategy, on budget, and on time.
The Account Director will be responsible for directing and supervising the strategic planning and execution of all account activities to activate brands. This person will coordinate the activities of the account team, creative, and production to ensure they develop the best solution that is on brand, on strategy, and on budget. The successful candidate will be a strong marketing strategist who is capable of orchestrating teams in order to deliver significant results.
This person will actively contribute to the creative process, ensuring that the creative team is briefed appropriately, turning knowledge into insights for the creative team, and rigorously evaluating the quality of creative output against agreed strategies. Stepping outside comfort zones and traditional approaches is non-negotiable.
Primary responsibilities will include account services support, business development including participation in strategic planning, creative development, legal approval, budget planning/tracking and billing activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead major promotional account for specific key accounts.
- Lead an integrated marketing approach for clients that leverage shopper marketing, promotional, interactive, direct, and experiential elements as appropriate.
- Build strong, professional client relationships to continue to develop business potential while delivering highest-possible client service.
- Grow the business aggressively with high-potential accounts.
- Bring innovative solutions to clients on a regular basis.
- Build, mentor, and develop team members.
- Develop comprehensive strategies with clients on an annual and on-going basis.
- Develop and present strong presentations to clients.
- Manage delivery of all business on account with impeccable execution.
Skills And Knowledge Required:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline within marketing.
- Promotional marketing experience with proven track record in managing large, complex client account.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and lead a team focused on strong execution.
- Sound industry knowledge, solid judgment and confirmed strategic planning skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong sense of ownership, and drive and desire to be accountable for performance.
- At least 10 years’ agency or relevant client-side experience.
- Consumer packaged goods background a necessity; retail experience highly desirable.
- Experience with interactive or experiential programs an asset.
- Innovative Problem Solver
- Managing and Leading People
- Strong Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- 360 Degree Brand Stewardship
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Opportunities come through many different connections, channels and conversations. If you are thinking about making a move, now or in the...