ABOUT THE COMPANY
whatTOdoToronto is an online service which provides users with recommended entertainment choices in Toronto, based on users' personal circumstances, needs and mood. We follow two strategies:
1. Providing users with accurate entertainment choices based on their personal preferences.
2. Building a selective database of high quality, recommended HotSpots in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our software recommends the most relevant venues and events by analyzing user preferences. We are following a concept we call "Entertainment Personalization(TM)". We encourage you to try the whatTOdo search engine for yourself.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently looking for a Marketing Assistant - Intern to join our growing team of visionary young professionals. Duties of the Marketing Assistant - Intern will include:
- Developing and Executing Marketing Plans and Brand Awareness Strategies.
- Assist in acquisition, analysis and utilization of customer and partner's lists.
- Support customer communication and logistics for events, trade shows, mailings and related activities via telephone and email.
- Maintain communication with customers, and work to generate business through communication and service offerings.
- Assist the Marketing Associate with the implementation of a complete marketing program and marketing initiatives. Specifically, the Marketing Assistant will be required to help write and design marketing materials, which include but are not limited to articles, presentations, brochures, press releases, and monthly company newsletters.
- Help with website organization and updates.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- Interest in Marketing, social media outreach, and online communities is a must.
- Interest in urban entertainment is an good asset.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Highly motivated, resourceful, goal-oriented team player
- Strong Research skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team and engage with the community.
- Good creative problem solving skills.
- “People person” who is confident and has a positive personality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are critical – must adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Time Commitment: To be Negotiated
- Work location: Primarily from a remote location of the associate's choice (i.e. home). Occasionally, will be required to attend meetings at company office.
- To Apply: Please submit Resume only - NO COVER LETTERS PLEASE - before December 20, 2012.
Working at whatTOdoToronto - you will be working on and leading different marketing strategies, exploring community-building techniques, as well as gaining valuable leadership experience which will contribute to your professional experience and make your resume stand out.