ABOUT THE COMPANY
whatTOdoToronto is an online service which provides users with recommended entertainment choices in Toronto, based on users' personal circumstances, needs and mood. We follow two strategies:
1. Providing users with accurate entertainment choices based on their personal preferences.
2. Building a selective database of high quality, recommended HotSpots in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our software recommends the most relevant venues and events by analyzing user preferences. We are following a concept we call "Entertainment Personalization(TM)". We encourage you to try the whatTOdo search engine for yourself.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently looking for a Content Editor - Intern to join our growing team of visionary young professionals. Duties of the Content Editor - Intern will include:
- Editing and proof reading articles and other web content.
- Populating the web Content Management System, Blogs and Social Media channels with relevant information.
- Finding and developing new ideas for web content.
- Assuring web content is user-friendly and key-worded for SEO benefit.
- Moderating user-generated content.
- Using graphics and interactive media to communicate with the general public, customers, and business partners.
- Other related duties as assigned.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- Strong command of the English language
- Attention-to-Detail, writing, and written communication skills
- Must have access to own computer with reliable internet connection
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Basic graphic-editing software skills
- Time Commitment: To be Negotiated
- Work location: Primarily from a remote location of the associate's choice (i.e. home). Occasionally, will be required to attend meetings at company office.
- To Apply: Please submit Resume only - NO COVER LETTERS PLEASE - before December 20, 2012.
Working at whatTOdoToronto - you will be working on and leading different database and content strategies, exploring outreach and user-attraction techniques, as well as gaining valuable organizational experience which will contribute to your professional experience and make your resume stand out.