Join a well known and highly respected, award winning Dessert Company in a management position as Purchasing Manager.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Order all ingredients, packaging materials and other sundries needed for daily production; includes sourcing new products when required
- Manage materials’ costs within budget
- Manage and maintain all records and documentation related to CDC; Monthly and
Year-end reporting responsibility
- Develop, qualify and maintain a network of suppliers and potential suppliers
- Foster and develop relationships with suppliers to always be on top of market conditions
- Negotiate prices, terms and manage suppliers’ agreements/contracts
- Control inventory; count, record and manage rotation of inventory
- Training, disciplining and enforcing policies and procedures
- Identify costs savings while maintaining our standard of quality
- Direct, organize and manage the Shipping/Receiving department’s staff and daily activities
- Work with management and supervisors within various departments.
- Post-secondary diploma
- Minimum five years of experience in purchasing. Food industry experience preferred
(HACCP, BRC, GFSI knowledge preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel; ability to learn new software including in-house programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to define problems at root cause, collect data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Commensurate with experience. Company benefits.
vpi Inc. is advertising this position on behalf of an employer in Etobicoke. Preference will be given to applicants who are not currently in school or are not currently working full time or who are working less than 20 hours per week.
Please no phone calls, kindly submit your resume and a vpi representative will contact you.