Vpi Etobicoke Employment Services on behalf of a local employer in Etobicoke is looking for MACHINE OPERATORS. Our employer is one of North America’s leading manufacturers and distributors of forming hardware, concrete accessories and construction products. National Concrete Accessories Canada is currently recruiting for:
JOB DUTIES will include:
- Operating in a manner where SAFETY and ENVIRONMENT are of the highest importance
- Perform according to Standard Operating Procedures to demonstrate operational excellence
- Measure completed products to ensure quality standards are met
- Possibly standing more than 75% of the time
- Lift up to 25 pounds unaided, as required. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds assisted
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a machine shop or production line environment, producing quality finished products required.
- Must have good verbal and written English skills and basic math skills.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through LEAN process changes preferred.
- Must be able to work afternoon shifts (Monday to Thursday 4pm to 12am and Friday 2pm to 10:30pm totalling 38 hours/week).
- Must be able to also work overtime during construction season.
- Overtime premium pay after 38 hours.
- Safety Boot Allowance.
Employer’s expectations is that all candidates are experienced, present professionally, have excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
vpi Inc. is funded by Employment Ontario (EO) and is advertising this position on behalf of an employer in Etobicoke. Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada, are not currently in school or are not currently working full time or who are working less than 20 hours per week.
Please submit your resume and a vpi representative will contact you via email. ONLY THOSE RESUMES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. WE THANK ALL THOSE WHO APPLY.