Protocol Group functions include:
- Initial research and definition of common feature sets to the protocol that are applicable across all product lines (50%):
o Gathering of requirements.
o Researching similar implementations in the field and applying those methods to the feature definition.
o Informal documentation of the research.
o Formal documentation and definition of these functions.
- Prototyping reference design for the standardized feature (35%):
o Evaluation and definition of scope of work for prototype phases.
o Software and Firmware skills involved and/or management of product group personnel to achieve the prototype.
o Prototyping is mainly for proof of concept of the feature, to gauge the scope of work for the feature inside one or several products.
- Product feature technical support (15%):
o Providing technical input into the specifics and intent of particular aspects of the feature and/ or requirements to aid in the product development.
- Time allocation (%) for the above tasks are approximations and may vary based on where a common feature is in its lifecycle.
Features to be investigated include:
o Media (imaging, device interaction – USB and human interface devices, audio)
o Networking (bandwidth management, fairness and reliability)
o Management (network element management, statistics, and debug capabilities)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of C development experience
- Strong experience in the following:
o Networking protocols, Internet layer and above
o Delivering high quality, maintainable, production quality software into commercial products
- Firmware and/or Software skillset is required; ability to program in both
- Experience developing for Microsoft Windows and Linux environments is an asset
- Excellent design, programming, evaluation and specification skills
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of GPU’s and embedded operating systems for SoC’s, Media formats for Audio and Video
- An effective, persuasive speaker and writer who can communicate effectively with both internal client management and external client groups
- Ability to craft a solution with services that meet business goals based on client discussions
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Available to travel as required