Permanent Part time Administrative assistant, 22.5 hours per week (3 days), rTMS Clinic, Toronto Western Hospital, part of the University of Toronto’s University Health Network (UHN).
About the Clinic
Do you want the excitement of working in a rapidly growing and fast-paced hospital research environment conducting leading edge research? Our client, the MRI-guided rTMS clinic at Toronto Western Hospital, performs groundbreaking work treating major depressive disorder, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder and other psychiatric disorders using repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, or rTMS. This non-invasive treatment has been effective in patients who have failed other treatments, such as anti-depressant medication. Improved techniques such as the use of precision MRI-guidance have led to significant improvements in patient outcomes. Several major studies are underway and the clinic is expanding to accommodate more patients.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the clinic Director and working closely with other team members, the Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support and utilize her/his knowledge of medical terminology to provide secretarial and clerical services, but not limited to:
Performs reception responsibilities such as answering and screening telephone calls, retrieving voice mail messages to appropriate personnel and greeting visitors.
Maintains an efficient and up to date filing system both electronic and paper information.
Provides word processing/typing services for assigned personnel.
Administering and monitoring billing procedures and budgeting records.
Accurate and timely transcription of dictated clinical notes.
Preparation of expense reports; invoice coding, expense processing and tracking.
Composes confidential communications and high quality presentations. Responsible for coordinating materials needed for various meetings and events.
Investigates issues independently as required. Understands various processes and troubleshoots discrepancies. Makes interpretations and recommendations as appropriate.
Coordinates and manages schedules and logistics such as calendars and travel arrangements.
Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
Ensures efficient operation of the office, within scope of authority such as requisitioning office and/or medical supplies, ensuring office equipment and furniture are operational and coordinating preventive and corrective maintenance/repair schedule.
Maintains good working relationships with all staff.
Perform others administrative duties as required such as photocopying, distributing materials and mails, etc.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent
- Completion of recognized medical secretarial arts program at the diploma level or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years related medical secretarial experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively and managing confidential information.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize efficiently with minimal supervision
- Professionalism and strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills are essential
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A high degree of computer competence, with the ability to develop and troubleshoot scheduling and record-keeping systems, and the ability to work with hospital IT departments.
- Experience working in a health care environment preferred
- OHIP billing experience
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction balanced by ability to seek advice when required
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.