We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic application developer to focus on designing and building a new custom web application using latest technologies. Our main product will be built and re-built as the web application evolves based on customer needs.
As a side project, the successful candidate will also design, develop and maintain several websites for marketing purposes. These will be responsive websites built using CMS, unlike our custom web application, but will primarily contain static content.
- 3-5 years experience in PHP and SQL designing and building data-driven web applications.
- Strong understanding of relational database design and web front-end and back-end interaction.
- Strong understanding of security, performance, stability and scalability at the application and database level.
- Experience implementing complex databases and designing user interfaces.
- Experience designing a stateless architecture with load balanced web servers and database servers that can be scaled on-the-fly.
- Able to architect and build caching servers and database structures for query optimization.
- Able to work with abstract requirements and prototype perceived requirements to gather feedback and adapt project accordingly.
- A team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously when necessary.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking skills and willing to wear multiple hats.
- Has a high interest in the field of web, technology, usability and design, and tech startup companies.
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Compensation: Full Time Salary
Note: Alongside your resume, please provide links to your portfolio containing screenshots and/or sample code for any web-related projects that you have developed, along with a brief description of said projects.
Indeed - 15 months ago