Are you passionate in developing individuals’ gifts, qualities and abilities, and providing opportunities for new skills?
Are you a team player, demonstrating leadership and self- initiative?
Our organization is posAbilities; we assist persons with developmental disabilities to lead meaningful and healthy lives by partnering with the community to provide a comprehensive range of person-centered services for individuals and the families who care for them.
We are looking for Residential Care workers to provide daily support to people with disabilities in their homes, at day programs or working with them to achieve life goals. We have openings in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge area for casual staff.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO:
- Advocate for people with challenges in pursuing their independence, desires and choice?
- Help individuals maintain a positive image of themselves by supporting their personal care needs?
- Create a sense of belonging for individuals with social connections and maintain fulfilling relationships?
- Facilitate and expand each individual’s method of communication?
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
- A strong commitment to the philosophy of people with challenges living and working in the community
- A degree in human services or a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Experience in working with people who live with disabilities or mental challenges
- Participation in the development, implementation, and ongoing documentation of Personal Service Plans (PSP’s)
- Current Community Care 1st Aid and CPR level B or C
- Current TB test
- Medical Note from physician certifying ability to safely perform duties required
- Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults – clearance required
- Class four drivers license required for our day programs and health homes
- Class five driver’s license required for all positions
WHAT WE PREFER:
- Certificate or Diploma from a Post Secondary Residential Health Program an asset
- Experience in supporting independence for high behavior person served an asset
- ASL of any level an asset
- Mandt System training will be provided to successful applicants
Interested parties please contact us via email with cover letter and resume. No SkyDrive Links please! Please note, while we would like to connect with everyone interested in this position, only applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.