Reporting to the Field Supervisor, Geophysical Field Technicians use a variety of methods and equipment to locate, mark and record sub-surface features in multiple settings. Geophysical Field Technicians support the Applied Geophysics and Infrastructure Inspection divisions at multiVIEW.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate Time Domain Electromagnetic devices
- Operate Ground Penetrating Radar Equipment, 250mhz, 500mhz, 1000mhz.
- Operate electromagnetic induction locating equipment with all accessories
- Perform Reflection and Refraction Seismic field surveys
- Keep accurate records (Quality Forms, Site Inspections, Reporting, etc.)
- Assist with processing associated field data sets
- Support Geophysicists with report preparation
- Travel to other cities/areas is required; work in a variety of settings and work site conditions.
- Work evenings, weekends or out-of-town as required.
- Read, interpret and augment maps with notes.
- Operate a PC.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum completion of college/vocational or technical training in Geology, Geophysics or an Earth Science program.
- 3 to 5 years related experience.
- Self-organizing and able to multi-task.
- Experience dealing directly with customers.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Clean driving license.
- Able to work on job sites outside for long periods.
- First Aid and Confined Space Training an asset.
Indeed - 13 months ago
multiVIEW is a professional services firm that specializes in Subsurface Utility Engineering, Near-surface Geophysics, Infrastructure...