maxill is a 27 year old manufacturer, importer, and distributor servicing the needs of thousands of dentists, retailers and Gov’t bodies across Canada. maxill provides a tradition of innovation, integrity, respect and quality.
The core product lines of the company are oral hygiene, dental disposables and infection control.
maxill is known as a “direct marketer” in the dental products industry. This means that maxill carries it’s manufacturing and logistics strengths directly to the dental professional and bypassing the traditional method of selling via distributors.
This position is located in St. Thomas, Ontario Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support various supervisors through HR procedures and policies, on issues related to hiring, termination and performance management.
- Responding to employee relations inquiries from managers and employees.
- Assist in providing support and counsel in the functional areas of human resources: formulation and interpretation of corporate HR guidelines and policies; employee relations matters, recruitment, training and development;
- Work with managers to solve employee relations issues, advise disciplinary action procedures and handling of employee complaints; problem solve with Management on how to resolve employee issues;
- Resolves basic employee questions regarding benefits, pay and salary administration matters;
- Perform additional duties, projects, etc. as necessary to support Management in the delivery and implementation of various programs/ projects.
- Participate on Human Resources related committees: Health & Safety Committee, etc.;
- To ensure compliance with all provincial legislative requirements and follow up with non-compliance matters;
- Oversee the posting of jobs on internal & external posting systems
- Assist with identifying external candidates to fill new or vacant positions. Activities may include screening resumes, completing computer testing analysis or other externally focused efforts;
- Oversee and resolve any issues associated with background and reference check information;
- Responds to routine inquiries regarding the staffing process from external and internal applicants and hiring procedures;
- Coordinate the production and collection of new hire information; forwards documents to Payroll. Follows-up on missing, newly required or outstanding information, etc.;
- Oversee new employees as they join and integrate into the company fabric ( onboarding ) ;
- Provide counsel and assistance to managers and Management with the development and execution of initiatives in support of the development of the company’s Diversity Strategy;
- Promote a diverse and inclusive culture by supporting company employee initiatives;
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching to management to ensure employment equity responsibilities are met; monitor and report such status;
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information, use good judgment, take ownership and solve problems;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong results/goal orientation;
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communications settings;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of multiple HR functions including provincial Employment Standards Acts and HR best practices;
- Ability to consult with and advise business unit managers and employees on their HR-related issues and to engage the appropriate internal or external resources in order to resolve problems or answer questions;
- The ability to relate to and work directly with all levels of the organization;
- A desire to grow and assume greater and different levels of responsibility;
- A self-starter with the ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision.
- New graduates accepted;
- University or College Degree in Human Resources or equivalent;
- Attained or working towards CHRP designation;
Position Title: Human Resources
Assignment: Part Time – Approximately 18 – 22 hours per week
Income: We pledge to provide a remuneration that is compatible and very competitive with one’s past experience and the results that one feels she/he can deliver to the organization.
maxill is seeking only long term job candidates who want to get in early and grow themselves and their income along with the success of the company.
An amicable work environment where achievements are recognized and success is rewarded.
Please put in the Subject Area of your email: Human Resources Person