macProVideo.com, a leading supplier of software tutorial-videos, requires a Junior Web Developer. The successful candidate will join a focused and vibrant team at our Vancouver office. This position will be responsible for designing and developing databases, programming and maintaining websites, creating test-kitchen sites, creating newsletter layouts and working with the team to finish various other web-based projects on schedule.
If quality of life is important to you, this is your ideal job! Enjoy life on the West Coast with enviable free-time to explore all that Vancouver has to offer - we work 9 to 5 every day, so you won't be sleeping under your desk like at other high tech companies. Fast-track your career, gain the attention and adoration of your peers, and make websites you are excited about!
Our successful candidate must have following skills:
- BSc. Computer Science or equivalent
- New graduate or 1-2 years of work experience
- Mac enthusiast
- Intermediate Web Knowledge
- Ability to hand-code standards compliant websites
- Familiarity with LAMP
- Demonstrable PHP with MySQL connectivity skills and desire to advance this knowledge
- Experience in working with OOP
- Experience with Ajax
- Proactively identifies areas requiring improvement
- Ability to take direction, accept constructive criticism and work to deadline
- Portfolio pieces & sample code demonstrating the use of the skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable; Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Web Design experience is an asset
- Knowledge of GIT or SVN is an asset
You must work in our Vancouver office, remote or outsourced candidates will not be considered. Remuneration will be determined according to experience and industry standard rates of pay. Note that this is a Junior Position ideally suited to a candidate directly out of school with less than two years experience in the field.
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to this Craigslist address and include "Junior Web Developer" in the subject line.
We thank all interested applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.