macProVideo.com, a leading supplier of Apple-based software tutorial-videos, requires a Junior Web Designer. The successful candidate will join a focused and vibrant team at our Vancouver office. This position will be responsible for designing websites, conducting AB testing, improving landing page conversions, creating newsletter layouts and working with the team to finish various other web-based projects on schedule.
If quality of life is important to you, this is your ideal job! Enjoy life on the West Coast with enviable free-time to explore all that Vancouver has to offer - we work 9 to 5 every day, so you won't be sleeping under your desk like at other high tech companies. Fast-track your career, gain the attention and adoration of your peers, and make websites you are excited about!
Our successful candidate must have following skills:
- Mac enthusiast
- Knowledge and experience with Web Development and Database Design
- High proficiency with Photoshop
- Experience with Illustrator
- Experience with HTML for email campaigns
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with version control software
- Solid business acumen and demonstrated personal initiative
- Ability to take direction, accept constructive criticism and work to deadline
- Strong portfolio created at work/school or with personal projects
- B.Sc. in Computer Science with focus on Web Design and Development
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience or knowledge of Web Programming (back-end)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO or other web marketing
- Experience with Word Press
You must work in our Vancouver office. Remote or Outsourced candidates will not be considered.
Remuneration will be determined according to experience and industry standard rates of pay. Note that this is a Junior Position ideally suited to a candidate directly out of school with less than two years experience in the field. The successful candidate will be required to fulfill a three month trial contract. If all milestones are completed during this contract, the position will resolve to full time, with benefits.
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to this email address and enter "Junior Web Designer" in the subject line. We thank all interested applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.