Manager of Global Fit
Salary: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Minimum Experience: 8 years
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Manufacturing Managers (0911)
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
Manager of Global Fit
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica
creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Product Development T eam
To manage the creation and commercialization of premium performance product ensuring it is performing for the intended end use through garment fit and construction and is meeting the required quality standards through lab and wear-testing in accordance with lululemon business goals.
a day in the life of a Manager of Global Fit
- Coach and mentor staff; create a learning and sharing environment
- Build and implement the processes and controls to ensure a premium fit and guest experience. Oversee standards for fit including standard body measurements, pattern blocks, grade rules, and tolerances. Educate Fit Specialists within PODs about body sizing, blocks, and grading.
- Provide leadership and direction to the assigned team to build premium product (function, fit, high quality of needle and workmanship); ensure product consistency and best practices across pods, related to fit, blocks, and grading.
- Provide sizing conversion information that is needed for global compliance requirements.
- Initiate and drive product creation projects; partner with Lead Designers to identify the fit related projects for premium performance products. Drive and see through the pre-seasonal projects for completion and implementation across PODs
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to ensure full transparency and awareness of fit strategy and block pattern status; responsible to drive fit strategy & execution of premium product quality across the size range for the style.
The finer print
- Management experience required
- 8+ years of apparel industry experience in garment fitting, patternmaking, and grading
- Knowledge of sizing and body shapes" (anthropometry)
- T raveled to and worked on site with manufacturers across Asia,
Americas and Europe
- Strong technical knowledge of performance product and fit
- Strong technical construction knowledge for product manufacturing
- Strong team player, knowledge of x-functional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, materials, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance
- Experience in building technical packages, grading and patternmaking
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Adobe Illustrator, PLM software, Microsoft office applications and Outlook)
- Knowledge of product creation calendar timeline and able to work against deadlines
Comprehensive benefits package and performance based bonus available
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.