Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (2233)
Comprehensive benefits package and performance based bonus available
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
The Fabric Developer is a technical fabric or trim developer who executes seasonal and long range developments cross functionally. They lead from a place of inquiry and apply reason and critical thinking to analyse and improve process and product offerings
- To develop and commercialize fabrics that meet the determined technical & quality standards; that are appropriate to deliver the highest level of guest satisfaction in accordance with lululemon strategy and business goals –on time, in region, on cost.
- To drive self development and to ensure that fabric technical skills are developed and optimized to provide better understanding of the fabrics used.
- To maintain current knowledge on vendors and industry developments to deliver fabric technical innovation opportunities to set Lululemon apart from its competitors
- To provide technical supportfor the designers and garment technical teams on fabric construction, innovation and on the technical capability of vendors to deliver the products required.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required in textiles science, fashion or textiles or related field.
- 2-5 years of apparel or textile industry experience and a working knowledge of the industry.
- Experience traveling and working with suppliers outside of North America, preferably Asia
- Strong knowledge of development techniques,(process/equipment etc.) for fabrics and the fabric development process and timelines.
- Strong technical knowledge gained in retail / manufacturing environment covering all areas of textiles from fibres, yarn, material construction, finishes and printing.
- Strong knowledge of industry testing standards/test reports.
- Strong knowledge of Crossfunctional team accountabilities and requirements preferred, including design, sourcing, merchandising and quality assurance and calendar.
- Able to travel extensively both domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods. (travel up to 20%)
- May have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time (approx 20lbs.)
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Mandatory attendance at Cross Functional Meetings, ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines on an ongoing basis
Our “must haves”:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Proven Collaborator with clear communication skills
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.