Vancouver, British Columbia
NOC: Theatre, Fashion, Exhibit and Other Creative
Positions Available: 1
Minimum education: Diploma (associate degree in clothing design or related field)
Experience: 3-5 years
Comprehensive benefits package and performance based bonus available
The Design Manager at lululemon collaborates with the SVP, Creation in leading the product creation process from concept to floor.
-You create the brand, you love and get the muse,
-You are passionate about sport, and about what we are up to. You understand the brand essence and ethos and can coach and lead it.
-You lead, inspire and coach. You manage the people and theprocess – create structure for freedom.
-You find, train and develop the best sport performance designers. Create and
provide world class training and experiences for our designers.
-You put the right people on the right seats of the bus and elevate and cultivate the level of talent on our team.
-Manage workflow and workload of the team seasonally, allocating resources and support where needed.
-Lead designers in collaborating across teams for a cohesive line.
-Align our Vancouver team with our global team of designers.
-You find and partner with international designers each year, building our team, elevating our line, and inspiring our designers.
-You work closely with the Merchants on the assortment and the direction of the line, and with the Sourcing Director to ensure we have the right partners to innovate with.
-You also partner with the Business Solutions team on the seasonal calendar and
workflow of major design events – strategy and solution-focused.
-You partner with the Brand Support Team on how we tell our story and educate. You can clearly craft and tell stories that can be shared internally and externally and communicate design intent to a variety of audiences.
-You connect the design team to the stores and our guests.
-You work one shift per week on the retail floor, and participate in yoga/fitness classes in the community.
- Create and able to powerfully lead creating
- Discipline, focus, long term thinking and willingness to break all the rules
- Consistently filter and edit out what we don’t need to be doing, and add in just enough structure
- Partner with creative director to lead a team that creates components to help people live long, healthy, more fun lives
- Prepare and present design concepts that communicate seasonal direction clearly
- Lead and own project management, resource planning, design budget, process improvement
- Work in our stores and innovate and action feedback from ambassadors and athletes
- Collaborate with the design team and manufacturing partners to achieve ‘state of the art’ opportunities for product innovation
- Manage and ownership over production timelines, calendar and margin
- Be a leader on the retail floor
- Know and be an expert in the yoga, run and fitness community
- associate degree in clothing design or related field
- May have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time (approx 20lbs.)
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Incumbent may find environment to be busy and noisy
Our “ must haves” :
- 3-5 years related industry experience, with experience leading and managing teams
- Strong knowledge of design and manufacturing process
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Egoless nature
- Leader and coach
- Approachable and available
Indeed - 15 months ago
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.