(Markham — 1-Year Contract Position
We have an immediate opening on our New Lexis® team, reporting to the Product and Content Leads. You will be responsible for evaluating and translating customer needs into functional requirements, as well as facilitating a clear understanding of business processes, goals and drivers in order to effectively define system, process and solutions.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, deconstruct high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Gather and define functional requirements needed and prepare documentation and/or specifications.
- Prepare and coordinate user-acceptance testing with the client according to gathered requirements and established schedules.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Canadian business unit and other local business units.
Support the New Lexis® team
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Management or equivalent experience. Knowledge of the legal industry is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French required.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including the ability to interpret customer business needs and translate needs into application and operational requirements.
- Pragmatic Marketing Product Management certification an asset.
- Knowledge of mark-up languages such as XML and SGML.
- Familiarity with Blueprint (CSS Frameworks) and Visio.
- Experience with MS Office applications, including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
What we are looking for in you:
General understanding of project management discipline to ensure primary responsibilities are completed within accepted standards and templates (e.g., Change Management, Issue Management).
- Requires highly developed communication skills to direct, influence and gain cooperation with team members and clients, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- High-level analytical and problem-solving skills required to diagnose complex problems and find solutions.
Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, multiple-project environment.
- Strong ability to prioritize activities, and excellent time management and organizational skills.
Please visit the Lexis Nexis job site and apply directly to the role. https://reedelsevier.taleo.net/careersection/55/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=LN%20001XM
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Indeed - 14 months ago
LexisNexis Academic & Library Solutions has been gathering and indexing congressional information for more than 35 years and is now...