jBilling is an open source company that created and supports the only enterprise open source billing system. We have consultants in four continents. We are looking to expand our network of consultants by filling this position with an outstanding individual based overseas.
Working for jBilling is a lifestyle: forget about the petty corporate politics and non-sense. Here you will work from home (or the cafe, or the beach), at your own pace and schedule, using the latest Java technologies to solve challenging scenarios.
Position: Sr. Java Developer / Consultant
Company: Enterprise jBilling Software Ltd.
Location: Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe, Russia (work from home)
To apply: Fill in this form: http://bit.ly/oHu1Z7
Open to: Full time employees
As a developer, you will have a clear picture of the architecture and internals of jBilling. You will implement requirements following the full development cycle: requirements analysis (interacting with customers), design, coding, testing and deployment. As a consultant, you will be working directly with customers. You will gather requirements, provide technical advice and work with technical teams from other companies to deploy an integrated jBilling solution. Along the process, you will write status reports, user documentation, design diagrams and other supporting documents.
- Requirement Analysis
- Object Oriented Design
- Provide advice, suggestions and solutions to organizations on how to deploy and extend jBilling.
- Java Development
- Travel time: occasional traveling required
- Excellent written English communication skills
- Expert level on Java SE and Java EE 5
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Object-oriented and multi-threaded software design
- SQL optimization
- Basic administration of Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Solid experience with Hibernate and JPA
- Good knowledge of the UNIX environment, and basic administration of Linux and Solaris.
Competitive salary of a Java developer, based on your skills and knowledge.
jBilling was founded in 2002 on a simple idea: that billing could be better. Since then, we've written hundreds of thousands of lines of...