THIS ROLE IS IN WINDSOR, ONTARIO and would require a full, paid relocation
Reporting to the Director, Application Architecture and Development, the Manager, Software Development has responsibility for the management and coordination of all aspects of a software development team to meet or exceed company and department objectives.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage Software Development functional deliverables for multiple concurrent projects from inception to completion.
· Define responsibilities, assign resources, create, maintain and monitor development schedules and budget
· Effectively allocate resources to optimize project portfolio delivery
· Ensure that application development milestones are met by anticipating issues, managing resources and risks
· Drive test-driven development and other engineering best practices and continuous improvement of development processes
· Participate in various specification and design reviews
· Lead, mentor and coach the software development team. Encourage and develop reports so they advance in their technical expertise
· Ensure that adherence to technical standards, process and policy is being followed
· Foster a climate that supports relationship building and collaboration with other IT teams and throughout the business, which results in improved alignment and innovation
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience in Enterprise IT environments working in, managing and leading software development teams; direct software development experience in a Microsoft environment is mandatory.
· Proven ability to manage design and development activities on multiple simultaneous application development projects from inception to completion.
· Experienced in providing planning and reporting development team activities and progress as part of an integrated project management process.
· Successful track record for hiring, managing, coaching and inspiring development teams.
· Strong development and design experience. Expert knowledge of software development methodologies, and the software lifecycle gained from experience developing multiple projects.
· Ability to communicate effectively with peers, subordinates and management.
· Demonstrated experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
· A mature dependable person with the ability to organize and manage the team's time schedule to meet tight project deadlines and deliver commitments on schedule.
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Valuable to have experience in .NET, C, C++, C#, Oracle RDBMS, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint.
find candidates for this job
Status: Open –
View public job page
Promote this job for more candidates: