Our client requires the services of an Information Security Officer (ISO). The ISO role is charged with setting and maintaining the client's security policies and also plays a critical role in informing, advising, and alerting general management on matters relating to information security. They also hold responsibility for formulating appropriate methods and administering all internal IT audits. BRAMPTON work location.
The ISO will report directly to management, and work alongside peers at an arm's length to ensure they are empowered to accurately assess the client's information/systems security. They will need to engage peers and operational system administrators as extended parts of their teams, so a high degree of collaborative skills are needed.
The ISO is expected to be a passionate IT Security expert, well versed both in technical expertise and in the policy and management subject material, capable of delivering sound advice and action in both areas.
The ISO must have a thorough knowledge of networks, computer systems and information system security. In addition given this positions autonomy, he/she needs to have interpersonal skills and experience in directing projects.
INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER JOB DUTIES:
- Protects systems by defining access privileges standards, control structures, and related policies.
- Recognizes system problems by identifying abnormalities; or reviewing reporting violations.
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential security problems.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Improves IKO's systems by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Performing periodic internal IT/Security audits and collaborating with corporate internal audit department.
- Liaising with an external auditor for yearly compliance audits.
- Ensuring compliance with other standards as they become mandatory, by working their requirements directly into the ISO policies.
- Chairing and documenting minutes of periodic Information Security Management meetings.
INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- System Administration with operating systems (Windows, Unix, IBM OS400, and Linux).
- Network Security/ Troubleshooting.
- Firewall Administration, Network Protocols, VPN, Routers, Hubs, and Switches.
- ITIL Incident management and overall compliance experience.
- Strong analytical, writing and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Solid understanding of policy frameworks and document hierarchies.
- Related college diploma or a bachelor's degree in computers is required.
- Must maintain specific professional certifications (one of CISSP, SANS or GIAC or other related certifications).
- Five years' computer security experience and seven years' information technology experience.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.