Term: Full time Start Date: ASAP Location: Ottawa, ON
instream Canada requires a Software Developer to act as a technical resource for creating solutions that meet market needs relating to architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance. The Software Developer will be responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals.
- Candidate needs to have been a resident of Canada for the last five years.
- Candidate needs to be either a landed immigrant or a Canadian Citizen.
- Must pass security clearance
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical software development role.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, web-hosted environments.
- Minimum 1 year experience as Database Developer working with MS-SQL.
- Work experience with XML, VB.NET, ASP.NET preferred.
- An understanding of the hardware-software boundary.
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Able to effectively communicate with non-technical members of the organization.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Superb writing, content development and editing skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with other members of the development and technical team to deliver complex changes.
- Define, design, and implement, multi-tiered object-oriented distributed software applications.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Perform maintenance programming for existing version.
- Perform custom programming as assigned.
- Fix defects and add features to software.
- Debug and test software implementation.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Participate to the design and implementation of databases.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Mentor and supervise junior developers.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Implement software modules, on the embedded platform and analysis workstation.
- Ensure work progress to schedule and keep (internal) customers informed of project the progress.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
instream Canada offers competitive salary and benefit packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Specializing in health industry electronic transaction and messaging services, instream Canada works closely with all the stakeholders that...