Reporting to the Community Manager, the Recreation Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of social, recreational and therapeutic programs within the supportive living community and the volunteer program.
- Completes a Client Leisure Information interview with each tenant moving in to the supportive living residence and plans, promotes, implements, and monitors all social, recreation and therapeutic programming within the community to meet the individual and collective needs of the tenants;
- Develops and prepares communications tools such as newsletters, posters, notices and activity schedules designed to provide the tenants with information related to recreational activities and special events
- Enhances programming and fundraising efforts by coordinating all aspects of the volunteer program including volunteer recruitment, orientation and evaluation;
- Provides leadership and direction to staff and volunteers involved in the provision of social and recreational services. Delivers all therapeutic programs;
- Works with community groups and organizations to secure varied entertainment within the supportive living community and coordinates visits to the community at large including shopping, entertainment and day trips;
- Participates in quality improvement activities related to social, recreational and therapeutic programming;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation from a recognized college, preferably with a community and gerontology focus and experience managing all aspects of a volunteer program;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to meet defined timelines;
- Effective supervisory, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Skilled communicator, both orally and in writing;
- Customer service oriented;
- Desire to have a positive influence on the lives of seniors;
- Knowledge and understanding of a the principles and philosophy of supportive living;
- Experience developing social and recreational programs for independent seniors.
Wage rate: $18.50/hr
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.