Position Type: Full Time
Closing Date: November 12, 2012
Job Region: Ethiopia
imagine1day is a charity committed to the next generation of Ethiopian leaders by ensuring that all Ethiopians have access to quality education funded free of foreign aid by 2030. Our primary fundraising model is CREATRIBUTION™, which is a concept we created to allow individuals to use their unique passions and talents to garner contributions towards this big audacious goal. We are a small team of dynamic, entrepreneurial spirits who are committed to doing big things and having fun at every turn.
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced individual to join our team as imagine1day's Communications / Marketing Officer based in Ethiopia.
YOU are an intelligent creative leader in the world of communications who is totally charged by imagine1day's mission and culture. Working side by side with the field team in Ethiopia and the Communications team in Vancouver, you will support and grow all aspects of imagine1day's public relations, media and donor relations using powerful photographs, videos and stories from our projects in Ethiopia. You will coordinate and manage international and local media while developing strong relationships with the communities in which imagine1day works. In addition, you will develop and execute strategies to spread Creatribution™ within Ethiopia and exponentially grow the numbers of people (Creatributors) who experience their passions and their talents in a way that allows them to make a contribution to imagine1day.
You may not know how to do all of this yet, but you're up for the challenge with the belief that anything is possible. This is a unique opportunity to be involved with a grass roots organization with big goals.
- Cultivate strong relationships with the communities in Ethiopia in which imagine1day works.
- Produce case studies, articles and newsletters for each of imagine1day's projects.
- Collaborate with the Communications team in Vancouver to develop compelling and informative project updates for donors and investors.
- Support the Communications team in Vancouver with creative social media campaigns and online and traditional media outreach programs.
- Create compelling photographic and video collaterals and materials to raise the profile of imagine1day and our vision.
- Ensure that all work is consistent with imagine1day's brand standards and our awesome culture.
- Create innovative projects for children in Ethiopian communities (i.e. art, photography), which will be a component of imagine1day's marketing materials and project updates.
- Develop ideas and collateral for school fundraising programs and other inspired initiatives that connect people with the imagine1day communities in Ethiopia.
- Develop and implement strategies for spreading CREATRIBUTION™ within Ethiopia and globally.
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- You've put your post-secondary time in; you have a degree in communications, marketing, or journalism.
- You have 3 years experience working as a Communications Officer or in a related field.
- You have substantial and proven experience in writing, graphic design, photography and video editing.
- You have an ability to grasp the beautiful nuances of imagine1day and your innate creativity produces outstanding designs, powerfully written stories and captivating photography.
- You have deep knowledge of design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- You have a strong level of proficiency with movie editing software. For example: iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Microsoft Movie Maker, Pinnacle or a combination of the above.
- You possess outstanding written and spoken communication skills.
- You have an excellent ability to multi-task and set priorities; manage time efficiently, maintain project calendar and deliver communications within assigned deadlines.
- You are able to interact with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and capable of building strong relationships with rural communities.
- You're proficient with electronic communication, computing, and other systems that comprise the modern working environment.
- You're a positive and enthusiastic self-starter with a desire to work with a very small team.
- You have the ability to accept and execute against specific direction.
- You're a communication ace. You ask for clarity when needed, you leave nothing unsaid and you see the power in listening.
- You're a natural connector - online and offline.
This is a full-time position, based in Ethiopia. Salary is based on Ethiopian National pay scale.
Well-qualified and experienced applicants should send their resume and cover letter, clearly outlining personal qualities and attributes, past experience and proven achievements as they relate to this position. In addition, please send us:
1.A sample of your writing.
2.Five jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring photographs you have taken of people and landscapes.
3.Five portfolio pieces illustrating your design skills.
4.One short video (no longer than two minutes) that you have filmed and edited.
5.A blog that visually inspires you.
Please send your application by email to the attention of Sandy Manj.
Only candidates for interviews will be contacted. Please do not contact imagine1day with questions about the position or to follow up on your application unless we have contacted you for an interview.