Are you a well-rounded, analytical, creative, detail-oriented, collaborative and friendly web developer who is at ease in all aspects of web development, from the front-end to the back-end? Do you have a genuine passion for technology? If so – iWatchLife wants to hear from you!
We need a professional with the following qualifications:
- Strong WordPress developer with experience building themes and plugins
- Extensive experience templating for WordPress
- Expertise in translating designs with a good understanding of usability and appreciation for good user experience
- Experience building responsive and mobile experiences
- Experience in software engineering best practices with experience using source code management tools
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Excellent problem solving, time management, estimation and communication skills
- Graphic Design experience is a strong asset
- Contributor to WordPress, Drupal or similar open source projects a plus
You would be joining a very small engineering team, working with the marketing team. You enjoy collaboration, are a solid individual contributor and speak up when you see opportunities to improve. There is much to learn here. Our technology is amazing - Samsung thinks so – they’re our largest technology partner! Our staff are awesome too and if you read the above and thought “that’s me!” - email your CV in confidence and let’s talk about how you might join our team as a web developer.
iWatchLife is a cloud-based video service enabling you to monitor your home cameras using our Artificial Intelligence algorithms that sends alerts to your Smartphone, Tablet or laptop when something happens that matters to you. iWatchLife has invested 3 years in developing video analytics for consumers. We have a signed distribution agreement with Samsung for iWatchLife to be sold as a premium service “inside-the-box” of the new consumer IP cameras they will be selling through “Big-Box” and “Club” retailers in the US & Canada. Smartly applied technology that allows you to See What Matters. We only send an alert when we detect motion you care about. This could be a home repair person, someone coming home, or an elder opening the medicine cabinet.
At its core, iWatchLife provides finely-tuned analytics capable of detecting and classifying objects with a high level of accuracy. Unlike traditional video surveillance systems, which are typically weighed down by lengthy video searches and large numbers of false positives, iWatchLife makes visual identification a smarter, faster and cheaper process. By leveraging the power of cloud-computing, iWatchLife introduces a cost-effective and smarter way to monitor homes and small businesses at one-tenth the cost of competitors.
Check us out online: http://www.iwatchlife.com/
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iWatchLife
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iWatchLife
Read about us in the news:
Ottawa Business Journal March 2013 - http://www.obj.ca/Other/Special-Reports/2013-03-04/article-3184935/STARTUPS-TO-WATCH%3A-iWatchLife---Seeing-what-matters/1
Engadget January 2013 - http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/iwatchlife-samsung-smartcam-monitoring-hands-on/