Status: Currently Accepting Applications
Job Type: Full Time
Performs tests in-plant in accordance with established test plans and procedures. Prepares/updates test procedures, and reports with the guidance and supervision of more senior staff. Prepares problem reports describing test failures and defects. Prepares test automation scripts.
- Develops and maintains procedures and test cases that establish accept/reject criteria
- Prepares test reports which record the pass, fail status of planned tests and identify problems reports generated during the tests
- Acquires product knowledge through active participation in formal, and on the job training, as well as self-study
- Prepares problem reports in the defect tracking system describing test failures and defects
- Provides recommendations for the resolution of test problems
- Conduct test case analysis on assigned functions
- Create accurate and concise test procedures/test cases
- Prepares test automation scripts
- Conduct test execution within the laboratory
- Conduct initial review of test results through incorporating analysis of collected data with observed system responses
- Communicate test observation and results in both oral and written media to other engineering staff and superiors
- Adhere to the company's Processes and Work Instructions
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- B.A.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of industry related experience
- Understanding of System Engineering principles, life cycle models, and requirements analysis
- Test Automation and Scripting knowledge
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet, and databases is essential.
- The ability to special application software such as problem tracking, requirement management and parsing software is a significant asset
- Knowledge of transit rail system is a significant asset
- Demonstrated competence of English language skills (written and oral)