Program Manager, Communications PMO
The Program Manager, Communications PMO role will be based out of Toronto and will report into the Senior Manager, Communications PMO.
As a Program Manager in the Communications PMO, the incumbent will be accountable for planning, management and implementation of projects in support of Communications' business plans and goals.
- Leading and managing all phases of projects from Initiation through to Closure.
- Developing detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates, and resource plans in conjunction with project team members.
- Actively manage plans, dependencies, scope, risks, issues and quality, and deliver projects in line with agreed upon overall project commitments.
- Managing project scope. Investigating and making recommendations on issues that challenge scope boundaries.
- Managing project risks. Tracking risks and actively driving mitigation strategies.
- Monitoring and reporting on project traction and progress and, as necessary, coordinating the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Creating project status reports, highlighting critical issues for management and overall status of the project.
- Building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams.
- Managing stakeholder relations to ensure that project delivery expectations are clearly defined and met.
- Driving and tracking change management work as project deliverables are rolled out, including activities such as training, communication, and documentation.
- Ensuring project activities and deliverables adhere to internal PMO quality and standards.
- Providing clear direction and motivation to project teams.
- Managing vendor relationships, where applicable and required.
- Utilizing the existing project management methodology, processes and best practice standards as defined by the PMO.
- Assisting in the continuous evolution of the PMO best practices
Adaptability, Initiative, Integrity, Individual Accountability, Operational Excellence, Determination, Teamwork and Collaboration.
Role Specific Competencies:
Strategic understanding, Analytic, Results Oriented, Innovative, Problem Solving/Judgment, Creative, Information Seeking, Relationship building
- 5-8+ years demonstrated project management experience
- Working experience in telecom and/or cable industry
- Demonstrated and proven leadership skill set within a project management environment
- Experience with project management methodologies and project management tools
- Demonstrated technical experience in IT and/or Engineering
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Superior and demonstrated facilitation skills within a project management environment
- Motivated individual capable of owning and driving assignments
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize wide range of tasks
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity - ability to influence (add value) and interpret requests which may not be clearly defined
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision, minimal direction and frequent interruptions
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to effectively work with multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn and apply, new technologies and new approaches
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with many deadlines to meet
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and meeting customer expectations
- Superior communication skills - at all levels and across all departments in the organization
Indeed - 9 months ago
iVedha is a Global Business Solutions Provider company offering high-value Outsourcing, Consulting & Professional services to help you...