Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Negotiable based on skill set
Hours: 40-45 hours/week
iOPW’s Web Designer & Developer is responsible for the design, layout and coding of a client’s website. They are involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website - how the site works, functions, and how it looks. The web developer and designer will be responsible for collecting and organizing the client’s content and ensuring the site has been properly optimized for all search engines based on the standards and guidelines outlined by iOPW.
After establishing the target audience for a website and identifying the type of content it will host, a web designer/developer will:
- Work to the client to determine what functionality will be required/need to be supported and what content will be displayed throughout the website
- Create a site map to be approved by the client
- Write the responsive programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website platforms and or templates, depending on the client’s needs outlined in their business requirements document and/or contract.
- Upload the site onto a server/hosting package and register it with different search engines
- Test the site to ensure everything is properly working, uploading, and linking correctly
- Ensure the site meets all SEO requirements
The Web Developer and Designer may also be required to:
- Assist the development team in assembling simple sites
- Update client’s sites or main website
- Create banners, infographics, and other required graphical material
- WordPress, CSS
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Creative Suite or other equivalent graphic editing software
- Graphic design experience
- Experience in transferring domains, creating databases, uploading sites, and installing WordPress
- Ability to pick up new functionality and features
- Experience in building E-commerce websites and/or WooCommerce plugins
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on their own and in a team environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to Multitask
- Get it done attitude!
Indeed - 6 months ago
iOPW is a Canadian web-based technology company that provides businesses with the ability to increase their presence on the World Wide Web...