Who We Are:
iLearn DL Secondary School is a leading edge, ministry-approved, online education portal for Grade 8 to 12 which provides a blended format for students to learn in person and online at their pace. Offering outstanding, highly effective BC curriculum, iLearn DL Secondary School enables mastery of core concepts and skills in a variety of courses. As a progressive way for students to learn, iLearn DL Secondary School provides flexibility in learning, nurtures confidence, cherishes cultural and individual diversity and develops the skills needed to succeed in our changing world.
We are currently looking for a Certified School Counselor to work with students from Grade 8-12, as well as adults requiring their Dogwood diplomas. This is a part time, evening position (4pm - 8pm) during the regular school year, but one should be available for more regular day hours during the summer months. This position offers roughly 20 work hours per week. Hours may increase due to demand.
General Job Description:
- Working with students regarding their emotional, physical, and educational well-being
- Developing workshops on the topics of conflict resolution, test anxiety, handling stress, building self-esteem etc.
- One on one appointments with students and parents.
- Developing relationships with post-secondary institutions to help students with their career choices, scholarship opportunities etc.
- Working with counselors in other schools to ensure we have accurate information on our students, in order that we can provide them with a customized and relevant program suited to their specific needs.
- All applicants must be Canadian Certified Counselors
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Previous teaching and counseling experience
- Must be computer literate and comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Experience in online education is an asset
- A second language, for example, French, Punjabi or Hindi would be an asset
- Experience in trans-personal counseling is an asset.
Thank you for your interest, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
- $20 per hour to start