iData Research is an international market research and consulting group dedicated to the provision of business intelligence for the medical device, dental and pharmaceutical industries around the world.
We are currently looking for a Bookkeeper/Operations Administrator to join our growing team. The Bookkeeper/Operations Administrator provides direction, coordination and overall management of the office administration function, in addition to full management of the bookkeeping function by performing full cycle bookkeeping duties, including invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections activities, expense reimbursement, account reporting and reconciliation, and banking.
This position is best suited to enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who have prior bookkeeping and administrative experience, and are looking to build their careers. Due to steady company growth, this position could potentially evolve into a senior level role in the future.
Click here to watch our 3-Minute Movie
o Perform full cycle bookkeeping duties, including invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections, processing employee expense reports, account reconciliation, account reporting, and banking.
o Coordinate and track products sold, ensuring accurate and timely delivery to external clients; ensure all products sent to clients are security protected.
o Keep up date record of daily US/CND exchange rates, in addition to re
o Manage petty cash and prepare cash flow reports.
o Liaise regularly with external accountants.
o Prepare year-end files for review, and provide accordingly to external accountants.
o Track company financial information.
o Manage all company charity activities.
o Assist senior management with budget preparation and budget variance analysis, as required.
o Liaise with staff regarding expense reimbursements and related matters.
o Prepare internal reporting documents as required.
o Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Operations Administration Duties:
o Maintain an efficient filing system for all administrative and operations documents.
o Provide accurate and timely word processing: reports, letters, memos as required.
o Coordinate shipping, receiving and distribution of all mail and courier packages.
o Manage client relationships, including general inquiries from vendors and clients.
o Perform general duties regarding office cleanliness, maintenance and security.
o Order and manage the inventory of office and kitchen supplies, with goal of optimizing office efficiency in a cost effective manner.
o Maintain general office equipment and ensure all is in good working condition.
o Coordinate all company events (i.e. staff birthdays, company lunches, holiday dinners, etc.).
o Coordinate logistics for relevant industry tradeshows/conferences, including booking space, attendee travel arrangements, etc. as required.
o Provide general administrative support to the various company departments as required, with goal of optimizing efficiency of management and professional staff.
o Provide administrative support to the senior management team in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain adherence to company policies and maintain internal control procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned, which fall within the nature of the role.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 3 years of office administration and bookkeeping experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of general accounting principles.
- Demonstrated experience in performing full cycle bookkeeping duties (including but not limited to, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections, processing expense reports, account reconciliation, account reporting, and banking).
- High level of initiative, strong work ethic, a proactive and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professional with both internal and external clients, exhibiting diplomacy and tact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of tasks often with conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Detail oriented accuracy in all work and communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise good judgment; be practical and capable of applying common sense, and take ownership and be accountable of individual work.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving acumen.
- Team player with good collaborative skills and the ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High degree of comfort within an entrepreneurial environment and dynamic corporate culture is necessary.
- Internet savvy and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Demonstrated experience working with QuickBooks, or related accounting software is required.
Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. To this we also provide a comprehensive extended health and dental benefits program, and a career path that provides the opportunity to grow into a senior role with unlimited potential.
Please send your cover letter and resume to careers(@)idataresearch.net. Please note that due to high volume of responses, only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted. All other resumes will remain on our database for future consideration.