geoLOGIC is a Calgary-based company that provides innovative software and data solutions to the Oil and Gas industry. We are a dynamic company that values diversity in our staff. We offer numerous opportunities for advancement and growth and encourage forward thinking and creativity.
Due to our continued growth and success, we are searching for a human resources professional to support our people-focused initiatives. If you want a challenging and fun position, apply today!
People Support Advisor
In this newly developed role, you will lead geoLOGIC’s people support initiatives through collaboration with our management and staff. This is a “hands-on” position that supports the Company in developing and maintaining our people policies, procedures and practices.
- Development and implementation of standard Job Descriptions across the organization
- Through market surveys, job evaluation and data analysis, gauge company compensation standards relative to local environments
- Develop corporate compensation programs, including the creation of salary bands across the organization and the development of compensation plans for new staff, promotions, and transfers
- Manage ongoing review of compensation practices, focussing on internal and external equity, including regular participation in salary surveys
- Develop and implement a regular staff review process that is universally and consistently monitored
- Support management with staff development and creation of career progression paths for our people
- Support our people retention strategies by conducting exit interviews and turnover analysis and providing feedback to management based on compiled data
- Provide training and coordination of annual and ongoing people processes, such as performance reviews, performance management, talent reviews, etc.
- Provide human resources advice and support to business groups on workplace relations, people policies and procedures, and legislative compliance
- Assist with staffing and recruitment processes from advertising through to on boarding
- Provide HR administrative support as required
Education and Experience:
- Certificate or Degree in Human Resources (or current enrolment in program)
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive human resources experience in a generalist capacity, including a minimum of 2 years compensation experience
- CHRP designation, or working towards achieving it, is an asset
- Oil and Gas Industry experience is an asset
Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
- Well developed interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Proven experience partnering with internal business clients in the development and delivery of people programs and initiatives
- Flexibility and proven experience multitasking, balancing competing priorities/initiatives and juggling a variety of client groups
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to maintain a broader perspective and exercise independent judgment
- Precise and detail-oriented
- Self directed, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in teams
- Able to handle confidential information with exceptional discretion and professionalism
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
geoLOGIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information about our company, please visit us at http://www.geologic.com/. If you would like to be a part of our winning team, please send your resume and cover letter to:
geoLOGIC systems ltd.
#900, 703 – 6th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0T9
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.