geekspeak is seeking an experienced project manager to coordinate creative activities for in-house client projects. geekspeak is an ecommerce services company focused on helping our clients engage their customers on line and in-store.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for coordinating the workflow of various projects. The Project Manager is expected to have strong interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain working relationships with clients and project teams. The Project Manager is also required to have experience generating and/ or excellent writing/editing skills in the e-commerce space.
**This is a part time (30-40 hours/week) role that has strong potential to be extended.
- Manages and maintains all day to day project activities.
- Coordinates and monitors project progress.
- Assists with the coordination of appropriate resources for all work activities.
- Manages the repository of project deliverables and templates.
- Coordination activities using various internal processes.
- Acts as a liaison between project teams and clients.
- Coordinates project plans including project scope, timeline, roles & responsibilities.
- Actively assists in coordinating the completion and signoff of project deliverables to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Write/edit engaging, informative direct-to-consumer copy in client’s brand voice as needed
- Other tasks as required.
- Experience in a marketing/advertising environment. (Agency or Marketing Department).
- Experience generating e-commerce content.
- Strong writing/editing skills.
- 4 to 6 years of proven work experience managing simultaneous projects.
- General understanding of the web, advertising and multi-media landscape.
- Post Secondary Education or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to interact with different teams across the organization and follow up on activities in the tracking of project schedules, overall status, issues and risks.
- Genuinely committed to success though teamwork.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under time constraints.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Keen business awareness, interest in learning and problem-solving.
This is a subcontractor role. The successful candidate must have his or her own computer with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
We are looking for a creative thinker, proactive, team player, who has what it takes. This is not an entry level or intern role; applicants must be able to demonstrate previous project management experience.
Only those selected will be considered for an interview. We thank you for your interest.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.