geekspeak has an exciting opportunity for an intermediate editor to join our product content production team on an ongoing contractual basis. geekspeak is an eCommerce services company that works with a number of major retailers to create engaging, SEO-rich content that drives online sales.
This position requires a dynamic individual with three or more years of experience proofreading and editing, who has superior attention to detail and the ability to provide constructive feedback/coaching to a team of writers. As this is a telecommuting position, the successful candidate must have his or her own computer with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
The intermediate editor will review and edit copy to:
- Confirm content conforms to geekspeak or client style guides
- Ensure content is well written and logically structured
- Ensure consistent use of product terminology
- Check content and facts for accuracy of information
- Correct grammar, spelling syntax, and source/reference information
- Ensure consistent formatting
- Ensure clarity of meaning, improve flow and smooth language
The intermediate editor will be expected to:
- Work well with project manager(s) and writers
- Provide clear, constructive feedback to authors when needed
- Meet daily production goals and deadlines as set by the project manager
- Work on assigned team projects as needed
- Write engaging, informative direct-to-consumer copy in client’s brand voice as needed
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements):
Possess at least three (3) years' full-time work experience as a writer/editor.
4-year college/university degree or equivalent in writing, communication, journalism, or editing
Strong proofreading, research and fact-checking skills. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
Ability to maintain highest quality of work while meeting competing deadlines and balancing multiple tasks.
Self-starter who maintains a positive, team outlook.
Strong self-motivation and multitasking required as editors/writers manage their workload in order to meet daily deadlines.
Strong writing/English skills and the ability to work with internal and external partners.
Some understanding of SEO and online search.
Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and other copyediting or authoring tools.
Candidates will be asked to provide writing samples and complete a writing test.
Only those selected will be considered for an interview. We thank you for your interest.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.