geekspeak is seeking intermediate copywriters to join our product content production team on an ongoing contractual basis. Our company works with a number of major retailers to create engaging SEO rich to drive online sales.
The position requires an ability to generate creative product copy that educates, motivates and inspires customers to make a purchase decision when shopping online in a variety of categories; electronics, apparel, housewares, sporting goods, etc. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on some great brands. As this is a telecommuting position, the successful candidate must have his or her own computer with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Write fresh, engaging, informative direct-to-consumer copy in client’s brand voice, while varying language and tone of descriptions to align with product category and brand.
- Gain product details, specifications, features, and benefits by reviewing, blogs, manufacturers’ sites and other similar sources.
- Create unique, relevant, strategic product positioning for all products.
- Edit product descriptions to ensure they meet our content and formatting requirements.
- Follow client’s copy standards and guidelines, use approved writing formats and include consistent terminology to explain the product.
- Work with merchants, content coordinators, partners, and QA to obtain all available product and positioning information.
- Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary.
- Meet daily production goals and deadlines as set by the department.
- Work on assigned team projects as needed.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements):
- 4-year college degree or equivalent in writing or journalism.
- 1-3 years professional writing experience in the areas of copywriting for print and online.
- Strong proofreading, research and fact-checking skills. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to maintain highest quality of work while meeting competing deadlines and balancing multiple tasks.
- Self-starter who maintains a positive, team outlook.
- Strong self-motivation and multitasking required, as writers manage their workload in order to meet daily deadlines.
- Strong writing/English skills and the ability to work with internal and external partners.
- Some understanding of SEO and online search.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and other copyediting or authoring tools.
- Candidates will be asked to provide writing samples and complete a writing test.
Only those selected will be considered for an interview. We thank you for your interest.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.