We have exciting opportunities for Field Technicians starting on April 15, 2014.The successful candidates will be accountable for the installation of analog, digital phone and digitally delivered services.
- Install/upgrade mobile internet modems
- Exchange and collect company's equipment to ensure our products are performing at an optimal level
- Maintain accurate inventory information for modems
- Ensure all work orders are coded accurately and submitted in a timely manner
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Various other duties as needed
- Own Vehicle(VAN) required with business insurance
- Smartphone with Data plan required
- Laptop required
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 education; post-secondary technical schooling (NCTI Installer course) an asset
- Advanced PC hardware and software knowledge; A+ certification an asset
- Previous customer service and strong sales abilities required
- Experience in sales/retail customer service positions is an asset
- Prior experience in a cable television environment is an asset
- Strong background in DOS, Windows Operating Systems; background in Macintosh environments an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Possess and maintain a vehicle that meets organization's specifications and safety standards
- Ability to perform work safely in all types of conditions – indoor and outdoor
- Physically able to perform all aspects of job including, climb ladders and poles, carry ladders, drag manhole covers 1 - 1.5 m, move televisions and/or entertainment units and/or computer stations, work in a crouched position behind furniture, and work in confined areas such as attics.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Ability to work various shifts including weekends and evenings
a) A van/SUV with a roof rack
b) Some mandatory tools required to perform the job
c) Pay rate in between $ 32.00 - $35.00/hr Inclusive Gas.
d) Basic knowledge in troubleshooting modems.
The above is for a very well known Telecommunications company.
Indeed - 10 months ago