We believe that great people create great companies, so are you interested in being a game changer? Want to work with other passionate, fun, experienced and really happy people? Show us your best and we will give you the chance to not only love what you do but change the way the whole world thinks about energy.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to help us design and build our web enabled energy conservation solutions. The key to our success will be the imagination and creativity of the candidate in creating exceptional back end solutions that are robust and scale well.
This is a full-time position. Compensation includes health benefits and stock options.
What you will be responsible for:
- Design and development within a multi-process, highly concurrent, asynchronous and clustered server back-end. We scale massively.
- Coding and debugging applications using a combination of Eclipse, Java, Spring, iBatis, MySQL, XML and JSON.
- Performance tuning and analysis of code running within the JVM.
- Extensive unit testing with JUnit. Testing is a way of life.
- Some system administration of Linux, Apache, Tomcat and MySQL environments.
- Writing scripts to automate various aspects of our infrastructure.
- Interfacing with the Quality Assurance group to identify and resolve issues.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies which can solve complex problems.
- Work with stakeholders to define, design, develop and deploy high quality solutions which satisfy project objectives and requirements.
- Occasional on-call support of the production environment.
What you bring to ecobee:
- University or College degree in a Computer Science related field.
- 5+ years experience developing n-tier J2EE applications.
- Master of Java, JUnit, Spring, J2EE, SVN.
- Very strong with ORM, XML, JSON and Restful Web Services.
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat/CentOS), Apache, Tomcat and MySQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills targeting different audiences (technical, non-technical, customers and management).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast paced environment.
- A strong interest in sustainability and green technologies.
- Love of open source and a strong desire to play with new technologies.
What we can offer you:
We believe in people. Great people create great products and great companies. As a member of our team you will work with a driven and dedicated group of smart people in an environment where initiative and innovation are encouraged and rewarded. Your input will have a significant impact on our company and our products. You can also have a significant impact on the environment and the world around you. We offer an energized work environment, competitive compensation packages including options and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you love a challenge, share our "change the world" mentality and continuously strive for excellence in all that you do then come join our team.