easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise leasing company, with locations coast to coast. Our retail stores are at the heart of our tight-knit corporate community. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, with industry-leading compensation and incentives, an outstanding team culture, and unlimited advancement opportunities.
If you’re a hardworking, driven, and committed individual interested in advancing your career, join us and make yourself at home.
SENIOR MANAGER, CREDIT RISK
Easyhome Ltd. is seeking an analytical thinker with proven problem-solving abilities to oversee and provide risk analytics and modeling in a fast-paced growing unsecured consumer loans business operating under the Easyfinancial brand. The successful applicant will assist the Vice President, Risk and Analytics in developing, implementing and managing the proper and appropriate level of risk analysis, data mining, analysis, monitoring and reporting to ensure sound and consistent credit risk management practices to create the foundation for profitability and growth of the company. He/she will also be responsible for leading and mentoring two risk analysts with the goal to further strengthen the overall credit risk management bench strength of the organization.
As Senior Manager, Credit Risk, you will:
DATA MINING, MODELING AND ANALYSIS
- Identify, evaluate, review and implement credit policy and underwriting changes that are aligned with the risk appetite established by Senior Management and approved by the Board
- Identify, assess, and monitor credit risk trends, communicating adherence to authorized risk tolerance parameters and supporting Senior Management decision making
- Conduct deep analytical dives to properly diagnose, document and report drivers of unexpected changes to portfolio/origination composition and credit performance. Communicate findings including future impacts to losses and proposed recommendations to Senior Management as required.
- Assist in the development of risk models for the purposes of origination, account management and collections strategies.
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve credit risk decisions and underwriting strategies, along with improvements to existing reports, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of a robust data infrastructure for model development and analytics. Create meaningful analysis leading to credit strategy optimization, including but not limited to customer risk segmentation development that improves the portfolio’s risk-reward profile. Apply expertise and knowledge of financial services to understand profitability and performance drivers and build programs to optimize net financial contribution.
- Work with various departments to provide risk analytics that evaluate current business processes and enhance decision making capabilities, providing quantitative analysis on a portfolio and segment level
- Forecast key business metrics including loss rates, approval rates, loan conversion rates, and credit quality for new initiatives and marketing campaigns
FORECASTING AND REPORTING
- Develop and maintain a standard set of risk and performance reports that evaluate the overall credit risk of the portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive set of reports to identify delinquency and charge off trends at the vintage and segment levels. Apply observations to loss forecasting models to capture current trends and communicate to Senior Management to identify risks and opportunities to the forecast.
- Oversee and conduct sensitivity and scenario analyses to understand the impact of exogenous factors, policy and operational changes on delinquency and charge off levels.
- Assist the Vice President, Risk and Analytics in providing an independent assessment of the risk profile and performance of the easyfinancial portfolio as well as the overall business unit by regularly monitoring key risk indicators, conducting periodic credit reviews, and consistently communicating findings to Senior Management.
What you need to work with us:
- Extensive knowledge of retail credit risk and portfolio management, quantitative methodologies, risk models and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, quantifying, managing, and implementing changes to credit risk decisions and underwriting strategies, policies and procedures through the use and application of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques and their application in a retail credit risk environment.
- Possess deep understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling tools including SAS and SQL.
- Thrives on working with, and in leading others in a “hands-on” capacity sharing best practices and coaching for future development.
- An energetic and performance-oriented individual with well-developed critical thinking skills and a bias for action.
- Flexibility to adapt to an evolving environment with shifting priorities. Ability to lead a team in such a setting with the capacity to handle multiple competing demands and meet tight turnaround timelines.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills, with the ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence.
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to convey complex information and concepts in understandable terms.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible roles in retail and/or financial services credit risk management and analytics.
- Sound knowledge of credit risk/portfolio management procedures and principles.
- Degree in statistics, math or a related discipline (advanced degree is desired).
- Knowledge and practical application of data mining and statistical principles involved in model development.
- Superior analytical skills – demonstrated ability to understand complex problems, detect trends, and understand data to develop and formulate solutions.
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory capacity leading a team of analysts.
- Previous operations experience in a financial institution would be an asset
We offer a competitive salary, an annual incentive plan, benefits, and growth opportunities. We thank all interested applicants; however we will only be contacting those which possess the skills and qualifications as outlined above. Potential employees will be required to complete reference checks as part of the pre-employment process. If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your possibilities at easyhome are endless. Join us to make yourself at home.
APPLY HERE TODAY @ http://corporate.easyhomecareers.ca/jobs/747116-senior-manager-credit-risk-mississauga
Indeed - 23 months ago
easyhome Ltd. (easyhome) is a Canadian merchandise leasing company with 229 store locations nationwide (including one licensed and eight...