easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise leasing company, with locations coast to coast. Our retail stores are at the heart of our tight-knit corporate community. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, with industry-leading compensation and incentives, an outstanding team culture, and unlimited advancement opportunities. If you’re a hardworking, driven, and committed individual interested in advancing your career, join us and make yourself at home.
We are currently looking for HR Generalist for our support centre in Mississauga.
- Partners with employees, supervisors and managers in providing day-to-day leadership and solutions to clients’ HR needs.
- Coaches, counsels and consults with client group management regarding performance issues, progressive discipline/corrective action up to and including termination. Provides opinion and methodologies to ensure relevant legislation is adhered to.
- Knowledge of provincial Employment Standards Legislation, Human Rights and Health and Safety.
- Provide guidance, policy interpretation and direction to staff on issues of employee relations, HR & organizational policies and procedures
- Coaches and counsels employees and supervisors/managers on human resources policies and programs and ensures that all employees are provided with consistent information.
- Interfaces with benefit brokers and carriers to research and/or resolve WSIB cases, addresses plan content.
- Works on problems of diverse scope by referring employees to carrier or researches complaints or solutions to ensure resolution.
- Assists in managing the Employee Health and Safety Program / Committee.
- Assists Management team with Performance Management by ensuring the internal progressive discipline process is being followed.
- Responsible for the maintenance of employee data for respective client groups including processing employment verification letters.
- Tracks all employees on Leaves and ensures proper timing and safe return to work.
- Responsible for termination process for exiting employees, including conducting exit interviews.
- Participates in the research, development, implementation and maintenance of HR policies and procedures; provides interpretation as necessary and makes suggestions and recommendations on any revisions for service enhancement.
- Drives the continuous process improvement that proactively addresses easyhome’s human resources needs.
- Ensure integrity of confidential data at all times
- Facilitate the annual performance appraisal process along with strategic succession planning
- Participate in various HR projects as required
- University/college degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field
- Demonstrated WSIB and/or JHSC experience required; certification is an asset
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive experience working in a client focused HR generalist role
- Working knowledge of provincial employment legislation and human rights
- Ability to critically analyze HR data for the purpose of benchmarking Must be bilingual
- Strong time management and organizational skills and attention to detail to manage work, competing deadlines and sensitive projects
- Experience in dealing with large client base.
- Team player, able to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Advanced computer skills, and knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Broad experience in policy and legislation interpretation, customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, sound judgment and sensitivity in dealing with internal/external communities
We offer a competitive salary, an annual incentive plan, benefits, and growth opportunities. We thank all interested applicants; however we will only be contacting those which possess the skills and qualifications as outlined above.
Potential employees will be required to complete reference checks as part of the pre-employment process.
If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your possibilities at easyhome are endless.
Join us to make yourself at home.
APPLY HERE TODAY @ http://corporate.easyhomecareers.ca/jobs/751483-human-resource-generalist-bilingual-mississauga
Indeed - 18 months ago
easyhome Ltd. (easyhome) is a Canadian merchandise leasing company with 229 store locations nationwide (including one licensed and eight...