The Systems Administrator must have a proven track record supporting enterprise environments and have demonstrated experience in successfully navigating through complex and challenging projects. Under general supervision of the Manager, Systems Team the Systems Administrator holds responsibility for installation, configuration and maintenance of corporate hardware, software and any related infrastructure. They will be responsible for assisting in the planning process and will make recommendations based on their experience and industry best practices. The System Administrator under the guidance of the Manager, Systems Team will be responsible for project planning and project management as needed. The Systems Administrator will provide mentorship to other Systems Administrators and leadership in the absence of the Manager, Systems Team. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Analyzes network server hardware requirements and makes recommendations to management.
- Maintains documentation of all supported systems.
- Provide mentorship for other Systems Administrators.
- Assists in development of server architecture, standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, etc. to achieve operational requirements and project specifications.
- Research and make recommendations to management for improvements to the organization’s
hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Perform daily backup operations.
- Manage user accounts, creating, updating and removing access as necessary and in adherence to
Change Management Policies.
- Constantly monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes are operating as designed.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Advise management of new applications or potential system enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
- Act as a technical lead and project manager during projects as required.
- Actively review and resolve tickets assigned to the Systems Team and Personally. (Sniper, whitelist, support requests etc.)
- Deployment of new Server Systems (Build, Configure, GoLive).
- Remote assistance to clients as needed for SPAN configuration.
- Scripting of day to day administrative tasks.
- Administration of all Enterprise Systems (mail, network, Linux/Windows Servers, desktops, storage, firewalls, vpn, backup etc.).
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of direct work experience in Systems Administration.
- Relevant certifications for systems and networking (i.e. MCSE, CCNA, RHCSA).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Linux Systems Administration.
- 5 years of experience supporting remote systems.
- 5 years supporting enterprise systems and infrastructure
- 5 years of experience with Windows Servers, Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system design and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Systems Administration and or System Engineer certification in Linux and Microsoft.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of service level agreements and customer service standards.
About the Company
eSentire is recognized by the security industry for re-inventing information security by protecting core assets from within the client-network. eSentire Advanced Threat Protection solutions combine proprietary behavior-based mitigation technology with the vigilance of our Security Operation Center (SOC) experts. Securing firms with a combined AuM in excess of $800B, eSentire has clients across the globe in IP-based industries such as technology, extractive industries, legal, and Canada's largest EPC firm and its connected suppliers.
For more information, please visit http://www.esentire.com.
In addition to our competitive compensation packages, we offer an employee benefits program, employee assistance program and a great entrepreneurial culture. Our offices are based in Cambridge, conveniently located close to Hwy 401. References and criminal and financial background checks are required as part of the commitment to overall security we offer all of our customers.
Indeed - 18 months ago