ePACT is the emergency network. By leveraging the power of online networking, ePACT better connects and protects communities through any crisis. Our team is passionate about using technology to make a real difference in our users' lives, and ultimately, help the world better prepare for and respond to emergencies.
There are many benefits of joining the ePACT team -- we offer the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of passionate, energetic people in our North Shore office with awesome views of downtown from our patio! Sitting a block from the water in lower Lonsdale, we take many slurpee and frozen yogurt runs, lunch at restaurants nearby, mixed with patio BBQs, nerf gun battles, frisbee golf and movie outings, and other daily fun in and around the office.
Besides the lively work atmosphere, ePACT provides an environment where you can make a difference. With a small but rapidly expanding team, there are outstanding opportunities to grow, make a positive impact and celebrate milestones. As a recent GrowLab accelerator graduate, current participant in Canadian Technology Accelerator program in San Francisco, and recognition through the Canadian Consulate's TechWomen and C100's 48Hrs in the Valley programs, ePACT is plugged into the Vancouver and Valley tech network, and is a company to watch!
What you can expect from ePACT:
ePACT is essentially a 'LinkedIn for emergencies'. We have built a complex system that must always look and feel simple to our users. Our Java Developer will be faced with challenging tasks and the opportunity to work with our Lead Engineer and Architect as we continually expand and improve our network. You will work alongside our Junior Developers to help complete assigned tasks, as we add new modules, functions and tweaks for our family and organizational users. You will need to employ a wide-range of skillsets to analyze, design, code, provide peer review, test and implement deployment activities day to day as we work through our Product Roadmap.
What ePACT wants from you:
We're looking for applicants who are passionate and very comfortable working with java. You are:
- Driven by technology - what it can do, the latest and greatest options, how it can improve people's lives
- Excited to build a product millions will use and motivated to contribute to a start-up and team environment
- Fun with a good sense of humour (because we all think we are Hilarious).
Your Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 3-5 yrs Java experience and at least 2 years as Project Lead designing medium to complex applications
- At least 3-5 years of experience with exposure to data modeling/UML
- Hibernate or any other ORM technology
- Struts / Spring or any other MVC Frameworks (any 2)
- JSP's, Servlets, Freemarker
- EJB's, Web services or any other Distributed technologies (any 2)
- Eclipse, NetBeans or any other industry standard IDE's (any 2)
- Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic (any 2)
- My SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostreSQL (any 2)
If you are a recent post-secondary grad interested in joining ePACT but may not meet all the skillsets above, we encourage you to submit your application anyway! We are a rapidly growing team and will consider all applicants for