Day Porter (Kanata)
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as washing walls, glass, removing rubbish and recycling materials. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow from rooftop boardwalk
Main tasks and responsibilities:
General areas covered include but are not limited to the following…
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them, corner to corner.
- Gather and empty trash and recycling.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms, showers and bistros.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean office windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, tenant entry/exit doors using cleaners, sponges, and squeegees. No building perimeter windows, inside or outside.
- Dust furniture, walls, partitions, baseboard heaters, window ledges, etc.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to supplier specifications and handling according to MSDS sheet.
- Follow supplier recommended procedures for the use of chemical cleaners, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs or maintenance to areas within building tenant space
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Demonstrates initiative, autonomy and good judgment
- Good communication skills
- Personable and positive outlook
CMC is committed to employment equity and to the equal access program. CMC encourages members of designated groups to apply for jobs.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -