A nurse or caregiver with a strong rehabilitation ethic and exceptional dementia skills (10+ years). Our homecare vision goes beyond feeding, toileting, and medicating to include daily high quality physical exercise and mental stimulation. Our team provides challenging activities and complex care in the patient's home and community. Mother is highly active, humorous, compassionate, intellectual, and feisty. She mobilises by wheelchair and has fluctuating cognition. She regresses to speaking her mother tongue, and you will be expected to attend Dutch lessons and other in service training outside of your shifts.
Explain in your email which of these requirements you meet, supporting your answers with an example:
- Dementia care experience that prioritises intervention over medication (5+ years);
- A positive, compassionate, patient, thoughtful, and humorous character to engage mum;
- Commitment to encourage mother in her rehabilitation, swimming, music, art, gardens;
- Capable of manual transfers after physiotherapist training (mum is 185lb, 5'4");
- Cooperate with co-workers and family. Attend training and meetings outside of shifts;
- Hardworking and organised for this challenging full time position;
- Strong assessment especially: UTIs, Pneumonia, and Dementia/Delirium;
- Curiosity to learn, and comply with world leading therapies adapted for mother;
- Flexible availability to rotate in the "on call" schedule, and to respond to emergencies.
I can only know it is worth interviewing you if your email convinces me you meet many of the requirements above. RCA $20-24, LPN $22-26, RN $26-40, sick pay, medical and dental.
Indeed - 10 months ago