OVERVIEW: Responsible for developing office processes, calling and retainingclients as well as performing general office administrative duties. Work with the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in the preparation, filing, and monitoring of various immigration legal matters.
- Develop office procedures, templates &databases
- Schedule appointments, meetings, conferences for employer
- May perform other office duties as assigned
- Work with clients to gather necessary information & documentation in a timely manner
- Prepare forms letters & other documents
- Finalize documents after review by RCIC
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Provide information & assistance to clients regarding legal procedures (NOT legal advice)
- Update database(s) & utilize case preparation/management tools effectively and efficiently
- Monitor status of all filed applications and petitions
- Set up & maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records & procedures & frequently controlling confidential materials & documents
- Perform research.
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and take action independently
- Ability to manage files and work within strict timelines
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to proofread and edit one's own work product
- Good general computer knowledge and typing skills, including word-processing, publisher, email, and forms software
- Excellent client customer service and interpersonal skills
- Professional, respectful attitude towards coworkers & clients
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Experience 0-12 months working in an office setting preferred or will train.
WAGE- DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Paralegal/Office Administration Certification or a Bachelor's degree and/or foreign equivalent
ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.