Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Vancouver, BC
We believe city living should be better. One million people a week, every week, are moving into cities. Communities should be flourishing, but concrete walls have created obscurity. Communication and information is scattered, and the only way to connect with neighbors is a small corkboard in the lobby. We can do better.
We can empower the entire community with information, make shared assets accessible, and create opportunities to enrich city living. It’s time to bring human relationships back into the places we call home. We want to change the way people live in cities, and we’d love your help.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a hands-on, technically savvy Quality Assurance Manager to join our engineering team and help us drive a high level of quality for our cloud-based platform.
Working with engineering and product owners, you will help formulate our QA strategy and will be instrumental in implementing it. You will utilize your excellent communications skills to collaborate with the team and will strive to continuously improve the processes. This is an opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the business quickly expands. If you thrive in an agile, start-up environment and are ready to take the next step in your career, we want to hear from you!
You have prior experience in a QA role with web-based applications and are passionate about quality. You also love a challenge, are eager to learn and strive to solve problems. You work well independently in a casual yet fast-paced team environment. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and will do what it takes to grow with our business, for the long run.
You enjoy automating as many test scenarios as possible so you can handle the fun stuff. Working with the team to ensure the product we are putting out is at the highest standard possible. You have deep knowledge about all disciplines of QA like functional testing, performance and scalability testing, security testing etc.
- Help to formulate our QA strategy and implement the QA processes
- Write and maintain test cases
- Write and execute test scripts
- Execute performance and scalability testing
- Manually test new features and fixes so you understand how to automate them
- Keep our quality high and our risks low
- Work collaboratively within a team of various disciplines
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Use judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results
- Provide high quality documentation and reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining automated QA systems is required.
- 5+ years of load/stress testing experience and hands on automation experience
- Experience with test automation and scripting on the .NET environment
- Solid knowledge and experience working in a .NET environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to see things from a user’s perspective
- A passion for learning, growing and continually taking on new responsibilities
- Solid experience testing enterprise applications
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully led multiple, technical projects.
- Experience with condo living an asset
We offer a rewarding and challenging career with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Visit mybazinga.com for more info. Email your cover letter and resume by January 14. Let’s make something amazing.